All USA USA Territories: American Samoa (USA); Guam (USA); Puerto Rico (USA); Virgin Islands (USA); Northern Mariana Islands (USA); USA Compact Free Associations:The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA) International, Israel and Canada.
Opportunity for USA, Canada, and International individuals, teams, and organizations to develop innovative digital health projects. Successful applicants will implement a pilot project administered by the funding source. The purpose of the program is to generate research and insights to advance digital health innovations.
The Breakthrough Alliance (“BTA”), a digital health research consortium, was created to accelerate a greater number of digital health innovations through the generation of exclusive, evidence-based research and insights. The BTA Research & Strategy Program (“Program”) provides research and testing to innovative technology companies worldwide as determined by the research consortium. The Call for Applications (“Call for Applications”) to the Program seeks to identify health related or healthcare technology companies (“Applicants” or “Innovators”) that may be best suited to implement a pilot project (“Pilot”) under certain criteria as explained below and may be determined by the Program leadership including Sponsor and Administrator. Each Pilot will be administered by HITLAB in a sample of appropriate target end users for a research study duration (sample size and duration shall be determined on a case-by-case basis to achieve valid, rapid verification efforts and at the sole discretion of BTA). Specific Program goals include:
Enable health or healthcare technology companies to benefit from rigorous and cost-effective methods for generating meaningful, evidence-driven data that seek to validate their concept, prototypes, or products and attract key clients and investors.
Expand the network of stakeholders granted access to digital health resources
Accelerate the growth and development of health/healthcare Innovator solutions worldwide.
This program is open only to Applicants who submit an application in accordance with the application requirements below and who meet the following criteria:
1) If an individual, an Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry, are legal residents of countries where such challenges are allowed by the laws of those countries (excluding the residents of Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria), as of the time of entry and when winners are announced;
2) If a team of eligible individuals, the Applicant team must be composed of members who each meet the eligibility requirements for individual Contestants; or
3) If a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or other legal entity, a Contestant must, at the time of entry:
a. Be legally formed, maintaining its primary place of business in the United States;
b. Have sufficient funding to continue operations for the next 12 months from any source;
c. Have a functional product prototype available for testing
The following individuals, teams, and organizations are ineligible to participate as Applicants or Innovators (as defined below) regardless of whether or not they meet the criteria set forth above:
1) The Sponsor and all of its employees and representatives, and each of their family members and household members of the Sponsor’s employees and representatives;
2) The Administrator and all of its employees and representatives, and each of their family members and household members;
For the purposes of clarification, ‘family members ’include such individual’s spouse, children, step-children, parents, step-parents, siblings and step-siblings. ‘Household members ’include any other person who shares the same residence as such individual for at least three (3) months out of the year.
- February 14th, 2023: Call for Applications portal goes live.
- May 26, 2023: Deadline for all Applications from all channels.
- May 22, 2023: Finalists shall be chosen and contacted for eligibility; and may be announced publicly thereafter.
- June 27, 2023: Finalist will present their digital health solutions at the HITLAB Innovators Summit and 3 prize winners will be officially announced.
*All deadlines are at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the respective days, unless otherwise stated.
Benefits for selected innovators:
- In-Kind services provided by HITLAB's research and evaluation team
- A HITLAB Feature
- Zero Equity by HITLAB, Zero Fees
There will be 3 tiers of prize winners which shall all receive in-kind services (in the form of a research study) from HITLAB's research and evaluation team in addition to a HITLAB feature. 3rd place will receive a research study and a podcast feature, 2nd place a research study, Symposia presentation, and article (publication), and 1st place a research study, article, and a presentation at a HITLAB symposia/summit in addition to a podcast feature and a sub-cut social media video.
Term of Contract
All prizes must be used within 6 months of meeting eligibility requirements.